What's New for miXscope 3.3.1
- Added additional error handling for the QX5.
Version 3.3 - 2009/12/15
- Added motion detection functionality.
- Improved the performance and stability for QuickTime enabled devices.
- Added manual focus support for the external iSight camera.
- Changed the video special effects functionality.
- Added support for the Esc key to cancel out of full screen mode.
- Fixed several issues with the images to movie functionality.
- Fixed several issues related to Snow Leopard.
Version 3.2.4 - 2008/07/11
- Fixed the software update notification.
- Fixed an issue where a time-lapse movie would crash if the frame interval was 0.
Version 3.2.3 - 2007/12/10
- Improved the image exposure at 60x and 200x magnification settings for the newer QX5 microscopes.
Version 3.2.1 - 2007/10/09
- Fixed a memory management issue with the Create Movie from Image Sequence functionality.
Version 3.2 - 2007/10/03
- Added support for QuickTime input video devices.
- Added functionality to create image sequences instead of movies.
- Added functionality to create movies from image sequences.
- Added a second text comment.
- Added the ability to resize the image overlay.
- Added a Session Manager to easily select different features.
- Updated the measurement functionality.
- Updated the UI layout.
- Updated the help to reflect the new functionality.
- Simplified real-time frame averaging.
Version 3.1.6 - 2007/08/14
- Fixed an issue where images were too dark at 200x magnification.
- Fixed an issue where the image could freeze until the sample under the microscope was moved.
- Fixed the vertical and horizontal flips.
- Added auto and manual exposure support.
Version 3.1.5 - 2007/07/30
- Fixed an issue where a QuickTime movie was always being created when using the new revised QX5 microscope.
Version 3.1.2 - 2007/06/26
- Added support for the new QX5 revision.
Version 3.1.1 - 2007/03/15
- Fixed an issue with some QX5/Smithsonian microscopes that causes them to cycle through initialization.
Version 3.1 - 2006/12/19
- Added an onion skin effect option for stop motion movies.
- Added line, oval, and rectangle functionality to the live drawing mode.
- Added a reflect black and reflect white special effect.
- Added a menu item to open the Snapshot of the Week website.
- Fixed an issue where the application would not quit properly on Intel 10.4.8 for the QX5, QX3, and MiScope microscopes.
- Fixed an issue with the convert movie progress bar.
Version 3.0.1 - 2006/09/28
- Fixed an issue where the Device control panel could be empty for single device type licenses.
- Created a special build for QX3/QX3+, QX5, and MiScope users running Mac OS X 10.2.8
Version 3.0 - 2006/09/21
- Added support for the ProScope microscope.
- Added support for the Dino-Lite and Dino-Eye microscopes.
- Added support for the external iSight camera - video only.
- Added pan support to the digital zoom functionality.
- The time stamp and text comments can now be moved with the mouse in the live video window.
- The measurements can be adjusted with the mouse in the live video window.
- Added calibration support to the measurement functionality.
- Added area measurement functionality.
- Snapshots can now be saved as a PNG image.
- Added a Movie Clips control panel.
- Flip vertical and horizontal is now independent of the special effects.
- Added a general preference to control the CPU usage while the app is in the background.
- Added 60x and 200x magnification indicators to the Device control panel - only QX5 and QX3.
- Renamed the Color control panel to the Device control panel.
- Renamed the Text control panel to the General control panel.
- Added a Stop Motion movie mode.
- Updated the Help.
- Unregistered version is limited to 30 minute sessions and the text "unregistered version of miXscope" is displayed on the live video.
- miXscope 3.0 is a free upgrade to registered users, but they will need to contact EdH Software to get a new serial number.
Version 2.2 - 2006/06/05
- Added support for cataloging snapshot images on per session basis
- Added support to add snapshot images to iPhoto
- Added support to control miXscope from the command-line
- Fixed a broken Help link
- Improved the CPU usage for QX3 users
Version 2.1 - 2006/03/31
- Added universal binary support - now works with the new Intel Macs
- Fixed an issue with USB 2.0 hubs
- Added Special Effects plugin support for registered users
- Added a USB bandwidth indicator to the UI
- Fixed an issue with the aspect ratio (QX3 only)
- Fixed a USB hub enumeration issue (MiScope only)
- Now requires Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later
Version 2.0.1 - 2005/11/21
- Fixed the Brightness, Contrast, and Saturation controls (MiScope only)
Version 2.0 - 2005/10/31 - English Only
QX5 was miXscope QX5
- Improved frames per second performance
- Live freehand drawing
- Full screen support
- New UI
- Simplified the Frame Averaging
- Added new special effects... Flip Horizontal, Flip Vertical, and White Balance
- Keyboard shortcuts for Digital Zoom
- Added Open Recent... to image overlays
- Improved movie recording for frame capture interval under 1.0 second
- Custom filenames
- Changed Snapshot keyboard shortcut from option-command-s to shift-command-s
- All items listed under the QX5
- Frame Averaging
- Special Effects
- Digital Zoom
- Moveable time stamp and text comments
- Initial release
- All items listed under the QX5 and QX3
- Time-lapse movies
Version 1.4.1 - 2004/10/04
- Fixed an issue that was causing video glitches.
Version 1.4 - 2004/08/07
- Fixed a random crashing issue.
- Added a warning dialog if the movie or image already exists.
- Now requires 10.2 or later.
Version 1.3.1 - 2004/02/22
- Added Russian localization, thanks to Vladislav Zavyalov for translating into Russian.
Version 1.3 - 2003/07/19
- Added functionality to reset the QX3 and reinitialize it if it times out during initialization.
- Added the ability to copy the current live view image to the System's Clipboard using Cmd-c. For more details see the application's Help.
- Added sliders to the Advanced drawer to control the Red, Green, and Blue gains of the QX3.
- Added a restore color button in the Advanced drawer. This button will reset the six color control sliders to their original defaults. For more information see the application's Help.
- Moved the Brightness slider to the Advanced drawer.
- Added an Effects Menu Bar item.
- Moved the Show Enlarged Image option to the Effects menu and made it the default.
- Updated the English and French Help content.
Version 1.2 - 2003/01/29
- Changed the name of the application to miXscope, Microscope was an infringement on someone's trademark.
- Added support for 10.1.5.
- Save As... remembers the last save location for images.
- Added image auto-save functionality. If you click the Snapshot button or press the Capture button on the QX3 and auto-save is selected the image will automatically be saved to the folder chosen through the Image Destination menu item. If the destination hasn't been set, images will be saved to the Users' Home directory. The filename of the image will be a time stamp with the following format YYYYMMDD_HHMMSSFFF.jpg.
- Added an invert color option (negative effect). Cmd-i will toggle the effect or Cmd-Option-i will toggle the effect with a fixed color correction. The original intent of invert color was for viewing 35mm negatives with the bottom lamp On, but it can also create some cool effects.
- Improved the application's sleep issues and color picker performance.
Version 1.1.1 - 2002/12/22
- Added French localization, thanks to Serge Froment for translating into French.
- Fixed a http link in the Help.
Version 1.1 - 2002/12/04
- Added a .5 sec and a user-defined option to the time-lapse movie slider.
- Added a cycle lamp off option.
- Changed the help from an .rtf file to Apple's Help Viewer.
- Fixed a user permission issue.
- Fixed an application hang issue if the microscope wasn't responding.
Version 1.0 - 2002/10/21
Copyright 2002-2010 - Eric Hangstefer, EdH Software, LLC - All Rights Reserved